We do love to check out what ol’ Gwyneth is up to on Goop, and just like us she is rocking smoothies for breakfast like a pro.
Smoothies are a super nutrient blast to start your day—if you make them right. You can go straight for the Green Monster and blitz spinach or kale, cucumber, celery, avocado, pear or apple, lemon, mint and parsley with some coconut water (yummy!) and have your protein on the side … or you can follow GP, and add some protein powder straight into your blend. Find out more about GOOP’s super smooth breakfasts here. In the meantime, here’s one of our faves x
Goop’s Greeno Mojito Smoothie
- 3 tbsp protein powder (whey or vegan) with about 1 tbsp of a greens powder mix (made with organic fruits and vegetables and alkalising grass juices)
- small piece of avocado – about 1/5 of a large avocado or 1⁄4 of a small one
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup filtered water
- 3-4 ice cubes
- sweeten to taste with either raw honey, xylitol or stevia
Blend in a blender until smooth and creamy. For a less thick shake, just add a bit more water.
Image and recipe via goop.com